Monday 1 June 2020

HANGING ABOUT



Part of the reason for doing this modular desk attachment system project is to better organise all the stuff I have sitting around in my cave. So, having mounted the stick and throttle to the lovely desk extension, I built a small bracket and hung the flight stick desk on it. I think it looks pretty good there. Might end up moving it but for now, it is out of the way. Before I made this the stick and throttle were jammed into any available space, they are awkward to store and bulky, and at the same time fragile.


Flush with the success of that small bracket I turned to my racing wheel - and came up with this. It's upside down in this pic, easier to stand this way up for taking photos. Note the "knob" sticking out the front. There is a matching hole on the board that is attached to the steering wheel. 


On the wall, again, subject to moving later if I feel it takes up room where I might want shelves. Right way up now!


Wheel hung! It's a loose enough fit that it goes on easy but not so loose that it slops about.


And the pedals slot into the back. The pedals themselves don't touch the cross brace. I added a couple of bits to each side to wind the wires around, they worked out really good.


Ignore the wire going up to the lighthouse sensor. Much work still to do in here to get everything properly organized, including wire management.


Got a few jobs to do before I tackle the arcade panel. Still giving that some brain time to work out what I actually want it to do. I have a couple of cheapo arcade sticks all ready to go here, but I am tempted to buy something better. This will be, after all, my personal control panel. I won't be selling it unless I sell my whole desk along with all the other bits. Not gonna happen.

Other things I want to get sorted in here: somewhere to store my Vive VR headset and the controllers, along with battery charging for the controllers and the wireless adapter. A space for my Xbox one pad to live with easy charging. More storage. Less mess!

Keep an eye on my twitter. A lot of what I do goes on there first.

No comments:

Post a Comment