Friday 3 July 2020

Change the Subject

I enjoy this blog. It's very satisfying to put down in words and pictures something that you've created. It's also fairly simple to do. The hardest thing is probably remembering to take photos as you go.

But I decided to change things up a little. While this is nice to do I have doubts about its ability to be discovered by many that might be interested. If I want to get a lot of reads here I need to constantly push it on social media. That's a lot of work and not very interesting.

There's a decent audience for makers on YouTube so I'm going to start putting content on there. You can see my first effort, albeit a very niche subject, here... 


I made this as I genuinely needed to make the plate for my table saw and thought it would be a good learning experience. I learned a lot doing it and I intend to video everything I make going forward. That does mean I won't be stopping to take photos, and so I won't be making build blogs on here. The first big project I will be taking on will be PROJECT TERRYCADE. Wood will be cut this week. Here is a pic of the current plan. 



Instead, I'll probably make a supplemental post to the video here going into a little more detail if I think it's required. 

I'll also be posting random stuff on here that interests me. My creative urges tend to wander a great deal so you might see a very wide sample of subjects. Writing is something that scratches my creative itch, in fact I will follow this post with a very short story I wrote a couple of years ago. Don't worry, there's a Portal reference in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment