Sunday 12 July 2020

PROJECT TERRYCADE - building a bartop arcade machine for my neighbour Terry.



I very much enjoy writing up projects in this blog format. It gives me a chance to go into detail, and at the same time skip ahead merrily like magic happened and that bit of wood changed shape all by itself. 

But I have a new mistress now. Youtube has claimed me.

Now, it's not me, it's you. That's to say, there aren't enough you's. Blogs are great, they are nice to do, and simple too, but the potential audience is very limited. To date, I have made twenty-six entries here, and with insane amounts of work to chase an audience I have managed almost 1500 page views. Most damning of all only ONE SINGLE READER hit me up on twitter with the haddock easter egg. 1500 is pretty decent, but without all the chasing readers on Reddit and Twitter it would have probably been a fraction of that. 

So the Tube has beckoned. It's more work; I have to remember to video EVERYTHING. And the editing is still a learning process and more work than writing a blog post. But I have been pleasantly surprised at the results so far. A good amount of views, and the steady drip even when I am not heavily promoting is substantially more than the blog. 

So here is your first taste readership. Project TERRYCADE has begun.


And while you are here you might as well take a look at part 1.5 too...


I will still make posts on here, but they will be far more about random stuff. 

*Turns cheesy smile to camera* "Don't forget to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE!" 

Good grief.


No comments:

Post a Comment